Monday, October 7, 2013

Ideas from The First Grade

Here's a look at Amy Roper's leadership ideas!

I love the posters that were shared in the previous post!  I had them enlarged and posted them at the back of my classroom.  They are a great resource for me to use as I am reviewing the 7 Habits with my students (plus it is a great cheat sheet for me as I do not have the 7 Habits mastered).  As my students are lined up, waiting to go to recess or leave for the day, I can easily refer to the posters.  


  I took each student's photo on the first day of school and posted them on the bulletin board below.  I didn't get a picture of it with their photos.  You could also have your students write why they are a leader and post that as well.


I choose a "Super Leader" each week in my class.  The Super Leader gets to lead the line, conduct the calendar activities, and help me in many ways!  They get to fill out a poster all about them to share with the class.   We write down the Super Leader's information in our class "Super Leader" books.  The Super Leader is also our classroom greeter!


I have incorporated my classroom rules, rewards and consequences with the 7 Habits.  This is not 
something new that I had to create, I just tweaked what I already had.  I have a frog theme in my room.  I always talk about how "Leaders Hop To It!"


If students in my classroom are demonstrating a habit, they can earn a "Hop To It" ticket.  We put the tickets in a container and have a drawing at the end of each day.


My little firsties made these frogs on the first day of school!  I am excited that we are all "leaping into leadership" not only in Room 20, but here at Vista Elementary!


I hope some of these ideas were helpful for you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment